Board: Jun 5


June 5, 2006

The board of directors of the Wekiva Golf Villas Homeowners’ Association met on June 5, 2006, at the pool.  Attending were directors John Ewseychik, president; Jerome Bocquet, vice president; and John Carter, secretary-treasurer.  Homeowner Judy Simms also attended and volunteered to take the minutes.

J. Ewseychik called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m.

J. Ewseychik reported that since the previous meeting on April 1, 2006, the following has been accomplished:Billing statements for 2nd quarter 2006 were mailed and collections have been good.

Billing statements for 3rd quarter 2006 will be mailed on June 6, 2006.  Included with the statement will be announcement of a meeting of all association members on July 22, 2006, at 7 p.m., at the pool. The purpose of the meeting is to vote on changing the association bylaws, increasing the number of directors from 3 to 5, to serve overlapping terms of 2 years each.  A proxy will be included in the mailing for members who are unable to attend the meeting.  At least 75% of association members must vote in order to amend the bylaws, and there must be a clear majority in favor of the change.

Existing vendor bids have been reviewed and appear to be satisfactory.

J. Carter reported that ongoing automated payments to vendors have been updated at Regions Bank so that manual check writing is now minimized.  Payables are now up to date.

The board reviewed an operating budget developed by J.Carter, based on current revenue and operating expenses.  Presently the association has approximately $5000 in the checking account and $17,500 in reserve.  It was noted that current expenses are covered by member dues; however, the amount of the reserve needs to be further analyzed for unforeseen costs.  J.Carter recommended buying a short-term certificate of deposit to earn better interest with the reserve.

In new business, J.Ewseychik reported that on June 7th he will attend a meeting of the master Wekiva Homeowners Association and representatives of the sub-associations to discuss the feasibility of hiring a management company to operate the sub-associations.

J. Carter announced that he will be unavailable during summer but will attend the meeting of members on July 22nd. During his absence J.Ewseychik will handle any financial items that may arise.

J. Carter reported that accountant Robert Sanders has filed an extension for the 2005 tax return.  Documents have been provided to R.Sanders to prepare and file the tax return.

J. Ewseychik reported that the association has added one new owner since the previous meeting.

J. Ewseychik pointed out that the irrigation system requires repair of several broken sprinkler heads and a problem with the backflow.  Mr. Carter brought up the ongoing problem with trespassers in the pool area and the need for additional warning signage.

Before adjourning the board established the following action items:

– J.Ewseychik to attend meeting of sub-associations and master association to discuss feasibility of sharing services and costs of a management company.
– J.Ewseychik to talk to Cruzin Cuts regarding preventative management pest control.
– J.Ewseychik to look into placing another No Trespassing sign.
– J.Ewseychik to suspend trash removal service provided by Chris Douglas.
– J.Ewseychik to talk to Richart regarding taking over cleaning and trash removal, as well as repair and maintenance of irrigation system.
– J.Ewseychik to talk to Barry Winn regarding completion of pressure cleaning.
– J.Carter to send out 3rd quarter billing statements with notice of meeting and proxy.
– J.Bocquet to look into the feasibility of association-sponsored social event at the pool for members.

The meeting adjourned at approximately 8:15 p.m.