BOARD MEETING MINUTES
WEKIVA GOLF VILLAS HOMEOWNERS’ ASSOCIATION
February 5, 2007
The first meeting of the newly elected board of directors of the Wekiva Golf Villas Homeowners’ Association took place on February 5, 2007, at the home of board member John Carter, 204 Albrighton Court, Longwood, Florida. Attending were directors Jerome Bocquet, John Carter, Greg Clifford, John Ewseychik, and Alan Misek. Also attending was homeowner Judy Simms, who volunteered to take the minutes.
John Ewseychik, president, called the meeting to order at 7:20 p.m.
First order of business was election of officers. J. Ewseychik recommended that J. Carter continue as treasurer. J. Carter stated that he would agree to continue as treasurer, but would prefer to hand off the secretarial function to another member of the board. Duties of the secretary were discussed, including minutes, mailings, official records, etc. Discussion expanded into the functional duties of the board, including oversight of pool maintenance, landscaping, repairs, and capital improvements. At the close of discussion, motions for officers were seconded and unanimously approved as follows:
President: John Ewseychik
Vice President: Jerome Bocquet
Secretary: Greg Clifford
Treasurer: John Carter
Following election of officers, J. Ewseychik announced that the necessary financial documents have gone the accountant for preparation of the 2006 tax return to be filed by March 15, 2007.
In other business, the board established the following action items:
- All officers will provide checking account signatures at Regions Bank.
- All board members are to review association legal documents, including articles of incorporation, declaration of covenants, and bylaws to become familiar with them and to identify ways to shorten the collection process for dues and provide incentives for pre-payment of dues.
- Replace Hillcrest Insurance with a more responsive insurance agent.
- Convene the pool committee to identify capital improvements, prioritize them, and solicit proposals for same.
- Have the pool property appraised. Greg Clifford will contact Corb Sarchet, a licensed appraiser, to establish his fee and schedule the job.
- Alan Misek will serve as the point of contact with Barry Winn, who performs pool service and maintenance.
- Certification of liability insurance for all vendors will be reviewed and verified.
Social activities, such as a 4th of July picnic, will be organized for the year.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:45 p.m.