Board : Nov 6


November 6, 2007

A board meeting of the Wekiva Golf Villas Homeowners’ Association took place on November 6, 2007, at the WGVHA pool on Albrighton Ct., Longwood, Florida.

John Ewseychik, president of the association, called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.  Also in attendance were John Carter, treasurer; and Greg Clifford, secretary.

John Carter presented a financial overview, wherein the following items were discussed:

  • Budget projected to be on target at end of year, we should be in the black.
  • Income is close to budget – all but 3 homeowners are current on dues.
  • Tax (on interest from CD returns) more than budgeted.
  • Capital improvements and repairs have exceeded budget.
  • Savings in legal fees, insurance and other miscellaneous have offset larger than expected outlays in cap improvements and repairs due to vandalism.
  • Account balances are:  $2380 in checking, $6200 in money market and $19,000 in CD maturing 12/8/07 – the CD will be rolled over into a new CD.
  • Attorney has informed us that we cannot offer discount for pre-payment of dues.

John Ewseychik presented details on insurance.  After having the property appraised, our coverage was updated to reflect the increased replacement value.  Previously however, insurance policy was covering the entire WGVHA wall, not just that portion on the pool property; this has been corrected.  Due to these adjustments we received a refund of a couple of hundred dollars from our December 2006 payment-in-advance for the 2007 coverage.  The December 2007 pre-payment had been budgeted at $5000 for 2008 coverage; the exact figure has yet to be given by the insurance company, but the premium is expected to be less than the $5000 budgeted.

Maintenance:  Richart has been doing a better job of maintaining the restrooms since John Carter spoke to their management at the beginning of the summer.  John Carter will request quote from Richart to add wipe-down and reposition of pool furniture to their weekly service.  Barry Winn is doing a fine job of regular pool service but is lacking in responsiveness to our requests for other needs such as tile replacement and equipment repair.

Capital improvements were discussed:

  • Repairs and repainting in the restrooms over the summer have been completed satisfactorily.
  • Locks on the main gate and restrooms have been repaired/replaced.
  • Due to vandalism and theft, a couple of exterior spotlights have been replaced.  Regrettably we must do something about the vandalism – John Carter will get quotes on surveillance cameras from several vendors he knows of.  Greg Clifford will also get a referral from a friend who just bought a system.
  • Ceiling fans will be installed in the pavilion next spring.
  • Broken and missing pool tiles cannot be replaced with matching tiles as the manufacturer has gone out of business.  Rather than replacing the entire tile border, John Ewseychik recommends using white tiles with lettering that displays the pool depth – John Ewseychik will have either Barry Winn or a pool tile contractor perform the repair.
  • Additionally John Ewseychik will have Barry outline in detail the current condition of our pool and equipment along with a long-term timeline and cost estimate for expected resurfacing and retiling, as well as equipment repairs and replacements.  Once this is done we can budget for those upcoming major expenses.

Landscaping:  Cruisin’ Cuts still has not produced proof of insurance.  It is agreed that John Ewseychik will put out a bid for landscaping services.  Bid shall include regular lawn service, irrigation repair and seasonal hedge trimming, tree pruning and mulch installation.

Lastly the board discussed preparations for the upcoming Annual General Meeting of the WGVHA next January.  Greg Clifford will be responsible for putting together all required materials for the meeting.  John Carter will forward documents from last years meeting for Greg to use as reference.  John Carter will write a letter to be included with the December 1st quarterly invoice mailing.  This letter will give a brief description of upcoming AGM along with explanation of discontinuation of pre-pay discount.  Greg will 1)  reserve the meeting space for a weekday evening in late January, 2)  contact Judy Simms to request that she again chair the election committee, and 3) contact Alan Misek to see if he will run for re-election.  There was some confusion on which other board member’s term is set to expire; Greg will check last January’s board meeting minutes and forward that information to the other board members.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:15 pm.

Respectfully submitted,

Greg Clifford Secretary