Board: Sep 19


September 19th, 2012

A board meeting of the Wekiva Golf Villas Homeowners’ Association took place on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at the WGVHA pool on Albrighton Court, Longwood, Florida.

Shawn Fourez, President, called the meeting to order at 6:38 p.m.  Also in attendance were Steve Tretter, Elaine Curran, John Ewseychik, and Rebecca Viola.

A motion was made by Shawn to approve the minutes from the meeting of May 23, 2012.  John and Elaine seconded the motion and the minutes from the meeting of May 23, 2012 were approved by the Board.

Agenda:  Discuss potential projects to complete in 2012 and to look at in 2013.

One CD matures 10/22/12 for  approximately $4,200. It was agreed that funds from the October CD will be transferred to checking given the minimal interest rate.

Lighting issues should be done this year for safety sake.  John and Shawn agree this should be number one priority.  Discussed LED as an alternative because of length of life of bulbs.

Steve suggested LED flood light with motion sensor, voice recorded option with video surveillance.  John’s position is that we need to hire a licensed electrician to install so we have somebody to come back on if there is an issue.  Steve comments that the licensed electricians didn’t even do it properly.  Steve will take care of obtaining quote from electrician for parts and labor to install new floodlights.  Shawn will price out the LED lights from Costco as noted above.  We can then compare cost of professional install.

Robert McQuiston will be contacted for estimate on repainting restrooms.

Discussion concerning landscaping.  John and Shawn agree that landscaping is a secondary concern given the cost.  John needs a survey of the property in order to design a good landscape plan.  Irrigation system is not good and he would recommend starting completely new.  Shawn, John and Steve agree that we can have the landscapers trim back the ferns near the pavilion and the bathrooms for this year, with some mulching and other minor updates.  We need to review the RLC contract and what is included in our monthly expenses.

Steve discusses curbing/paving job at front of stone drive to solve issues with drainage and safety at sidewalk.  He will get renewed estimate from vendor who previously provided quote.

Second pump has been recommended to be replaced.  All agree that this should be the priority so as to be preemptive rather than reactive.  Likewise, the discs should be replaced.

Steve will call Rose with Neighborhood Watch to try to organize program for WGV.

John comments about lighting requirements for night swimming.  Unless sufficient lighting available on deck during night hours, then pool must be “blocked off”.  Attorney question:  is lighting for evening swimming an issue?

Signage for 2013 project to include website, updated contact info.

At 7:30 p.m. Shawn motioned to dismiss, John seconds and Elaine moves.