BOARD MEETING MINUTES
WEKIVA GOLF VILLAS HOMEOWNERS’ ASSOCIATION
FEBRUARY 20, 2018
A board meeting of the Wekiva Golf Villas Homeowners’ Association was held on February 20, 2018 at the Wekiva Golf Villas Community Pool for the sole purpose of appointing board members to the open positions.
John Ewseychik called the meeting to order at 6:34 p.m. Also present were Patrice Burke, and Rebecca Warwick. A quorum is achieved.
John moves to approve the minutes from the June 20, 2017 meeting as drafted; Rebecca seconds. All in favor; motion carries.
John moves to accept the slate of officers as follows:
- President – John Ewseychik
- Vice President – Steve Tretter
- Treasurer – Patrice Burke
- Secretary – Rebecca Warwick
- Board Position at Large – Adam Kwater
Rebecca seconds the motion. There is no opposition and the motion is unanimously approved.
John would prefer to contact residents telephonically who have not yet paid dues and tell them to hand deliver a check to him immediately or they will be referred to attorney. Patrice disagrees because she feels this would suggest a preferential treatment. John agrees he will do this on a quarterly basis moving forward so there is no cause for misinterpretation. Given the disagreement of the board members on this issue, it is important to note the following:
- The current governing documents only require that homeowners receive one written late notice via US Mail.
- To modify the current governing documents would require a majority vote of the Board, which was not reached at the 2/20/2018 meeting.
- Calling the current homeowners whose payments are late is inconsistent with (1) the Association documents and (2) previous business practices. For example, no other homeowner that was previously sent to the attorney for collections was contacted by phone prior to submission to the attorney; therefore, the current homeowners whose payments are late are receiving an advantage that was not afforded to the other homeowners previously submitted to the attorney for collections.
John proposes we move forward with replacement of dead grass at this stage of the season. We will also have Barry Wynn pressure wash the chairs and deck.
If board members have any recommendations on roofers, John would request contact info. He will meet with Barry for a bid, but would like to contact any other contractors the board may know of. Had wanted to try to get it done before April, but residents are already using facilities so will look to accomplish in October.
Beam and marcite proposals will be looked at this year as well. John requests names of contractors any board members may know to obtain bids for this work this year also.
Meeting adjourned 6:50 p.m.